Quote

Freedom is sometimes just simply another perspective

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Positive, Yet Painful Perspective

This is my official first post on my blog today.  I've never blogged before, so here's to learning and doing something new!  If you've read the "What this is All About" section, then you should fairly well understand that I'll be blogging fairly often about different things that catch my eye and how I feel my cancer sibling perspective shapes those things.  I think this will be a fun way of expressing my cancer sibling perspective, but also a serious time to reflect on how I allow an experience or set of circumstances to shape my worldview.  I know my cancer worldview is very much a part of me; it's embedded deep in my bones you could say.  Knowing this makes me cautious about non-nonchalantly allowing anything to impact my worldview.  It's a serious business, I think, allowing things to shape the standard in which you will live and judge life through.  It's very hard to not let things influence you, especially in the moment, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't always be cautious and objective.  I always want to ask, "Will this shape my worldview in a negative or positive way?"  13 years into the cancer journey of my brother's life, I think I can safely say that it has had a very positive impact on my life and worldview in the long run.  The run has been painful, but a very good learning experience.

2 comments:

  1. How is your brother now/ Is he in remission? I will pray for nim!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharon! Yes, he is in remission and has "beaten" his other cancers as well. Because he has had so many though and a lot of radiation, it is medically likely he will have more in his lifetime. That is the bittersweet tragedy of what saves you also kills you in the cancer world pretty often.

      Delete